As parents, it is our goal to raise our kids with plenty of love and security in this world. We want to make sure they are taught the right values that will allow them to succeed in life.
Most of the time it can be overwhelming to have them, but we still love them! We all want to make sure our kids are protected no matter what, even the day we must leave this life.
What is a Children’s Protection Plan?
A Children’s Protection Plan is a comprehensive, legal plan that parents of minor children can create to make sure their little ones are protected in the event something were to happen to the parents. It will ensure your children will be taken care of by the people you want, in the way that you want.
Why do I need that?
The reality is life doesn’t happen according to our plans. We don’t get to decide when this happens or that, and we certainly don’t get to decide when will be the day we pass on. It is awful to think about, but nonetheless true. And because of that, we want to make sure your children will be taken of if the unthinkable ever happened to you and/or your spouse. That’s why it is important to be prepared for the worst. Hopefully, you never have to use your Children’s Protection Plan, but if something happens you want to know your family will be taken care of with a secure plan.
How do I know if I need a CPP?
At the end of the day, it comes down to you deciding if you need a Children’s Protection Plan; you are the best decision maker for your family’s needs. But, if you need help in deciding ask yourself these questions:
- What would happen to my child/children if I and/or my spouse suddenly passed away or became incapacitated?
- Do I have short term and long term guardians named?
- If no to the above question, who would get custody of my child/children?
- Do I have money and/or values I want to leave behind for my child/children?
- If after asking yourself these questions you know you need a CPP or are still a bit unsure, then we welcome you to come into our office for a *FREE Family Wealth Planning Session and discover if this is the right move for your family.